St Paul’s Walking Group is an enthusiastic group of people who regularly do walks together in some of beautiful areas around Canberra. All are welcome to join the Group and the walks.
These are not official walks but an invitation for Parishioners and friends to go for a walk. Those intending to participate are responsible for their own safety and well being. At all times please follow the directions and advice provided by Walk Leaders. Please remember to wear hats, bring sunscreen, carry water and, where relevant, provide your own lunch and other snacks as indicated. If you intend to join the walks please ensure that you ring the Leader to indicate your attendance, preferably 48 hours before the walk date.
Click on the title of the walk for more details.
Time: 9:15am - 11:30am
Contact: John and Narelle Gibson / 6161 2321
Location: Duffy Primary School
Address: 47 Burrinjuck Cres, Duffy ACT 2611
Contact: John Holthouse / 0432 543 396
Location: St Paul's Manuka
Address: Corner Captain Cook Crescent and Canberra Avenue, Manuka
Past walks have included the following diverse destinations:
- 02 May 2015 – The Molongolo River
- 11 February 2015 – Illawong Lodge in the Snowy Mountains
- 25 October 2014 – “Ngaraka: Shrine for the Lost Koori” by Djon Mundine in collaboration with Fiona Foley
- 20 September 2014 – Manuka Swimming Pool and interesting sites in Kingston and Manuka
- 09 August 2014 – The O’Connor wetlands and other interesting sites in Turner and O’Connor
- 29 March 2014 – Visiting gardens and points of interest around New and Old Parliament House, Canberra
- 06 April 2013 – Scotts Crossing, former Molonglo River crossing point